Claude Laval Entrepreneur Mentor Award
The Claude Laval Entrepreneur Mentor Award is in honor of a Fresno civic leader, entrepreneur, and a co-founder of the Laval Entrepreneur Mentor Program. The award of $2,500 is made to a mentor student who best exemplifies the goals and ideals of the Laval Entrepreneur Mentor Program through commitment, contribution, and pursuit of the core activities that define the program.
Students are eligible for the award based on the following qualifications:
- Current or prior enrollment in the Laval Entrepreneur Mentor Program.
- Currently a student in good standing.
- High attendance and participation in the Laval Entrepreneur Mentor Program.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence, learning, and the application of entrepreneurial skills.
- High level of respect from both Laval Entrepreneur Mentor Program students and Community Mentors.
Application Process for the scholarship will include the following:
- Submit a statement expressing your vision for the future, the role entrepreneurship will play in that future, how you have contributed to the learning process of other Student Mentors, and how the Laval Entrepreneur Mentor Program will contribute to your future success.
- One letter of support from a Student Mentor.
- One letter of support from two Community Mentors (one having to be an individual who was not assigned to be a mentor).
- A copy of your Skills Handbook which demonstrates the level of engagement in the program in all of its aspects.
You will need to scan all the requested documentation and then upload it before the scholarship deadline. The uploaded file must be ONE FILE and formatted as a PDF (not a JPEG,TIFF, or ZIP file of compressed documents). Please note the file size cannot be larger than 10 MB.